It s a good thing to consider changing your Instagram password on a regular basis as this helps to ensure that your account does not get hacked easily. The routine password change should be practice irrespective of the online you are using. Thus, make sure that you consider changing your account password for all the online account and most specifically your social media account. If we speak particularly about this topic, then it is essential to note that changing Instagram password is a good practice in case you suspect that your account might get hacked. On the other hand, in case you cannot use your current password to access your account, then it’s time to reset Instagram password.
However, most of us are unaware of the process to change or reset Instagram password. Therefore, such users can take necessary help from this article by learning more about the password reset as well as password changing process.
You may also consider going through this article if you want to change Instagram password without old password or change your Instagram password if you forgot it. So, let’s begin our discussion on how to reset Instagram password or change it.
Change Instagram password without old password
If you are already logged in to your account and want to change your password but you have forgotten your current password, then you can follow the guidelines given below to change your Instagram password. Here’s how it is done:
- At first, you need to log out of your Instagram account
- Then, go to the Instagram login page
- And, click on the “Forgot password?” option
- After tapping on this link, follow the instructions to set a new Instagram password
- Now, that you have set a new password, you can use the same for logging in
- If you still wish to change your password, proceed to the next step
- Click on the “Account” icon at the lower-left of the screen
- On the Profile page, select the preferred account
- Then, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top
- Click on the “Settings” option from the menu
- Now, click on “Security” and then choose “Password”
- Here, you need to enter the current password which you created in step 5
- Then, type the new password that you wish to use
- Finally, tap on the “Save” option and you’re done
Change your Instagram password if you forgot it
If you have forgotten your Instagram password and wish to change it, then you can continue with the steps given below to learn to reset your password. Else, you can jump directly to the link https://www.instagram.com/accounts/password/reset/ and reset your password from here.
- To reset your Instagram password, you need to go to the login page
- On the Instagram page, click on the “Forgot Password?” link
- Further, you have to provide your username, email address, or phone number
- Now, you will get the reset instructions on your email/SMS
- After following these instructions, choose a new Instagram password
- Make sure to verify if you are able to log in with this password or not
Either way, you need to reset your password first and then proceed with the steps that have been discussed in this section. In case you find it difficult to change or reset your password, you can apply the same steps to reset Instagram password or change it via the Instagram website instead of using its application. Just make sure that you remember the new password that you have created so that you do not need to reset your password again and again. This would also help you in changing your password directly from the “Security” settings of Instagram.