Wireless HP Printers can be connected with the WiFi using the password details. In case you have changed your router then you need to change the WiFi password on HP Printer as well. Once you change the password details on your HP Printer, your printer will be connected to the WiFi easily. The process to change the password on the HP Printer is not so difficult and you can also do so by visiting the WLAN section of your HP Printer. If you are not sure about the way to connect HP Printer to a new WiFi then you need to refer to the steps that we are going to discuss on this page.
But before moving forward it is necessary to find the password details for your HP Printer. You may also use the WPS button to establish the connection between your HP Printer and WiFi in case you do not have the password details. If necessary, reset your router to connect it with your printer.
What is my HP Printer password?
The password that you have settled for your router’s WiFi is also the password for your HP Printer. In case you do not remember the password of your router then you need to reset the router to retrieve the password details. You can easily reset the router by using the WPS button. In case you are not familiar with the process then you can approach these steps to connect your HP Printer WiFi:
- Get to the control panel and press the ‘WiFi’ icon
- Now, you need to select the ‘Network’ option
- Navigate to the ‘WLAN’ section using the UP and down arrow
- Now, you need to find and click the ‘Search for available’ devices option
- Find the address of your router
- Head to the router and locate the WPS button on it
- Now, long-press the button
- Come to the printer screen and click the address of your router
- Wait for a while and let the printer get connected with the router
- Finally, you have changed the password your router
How to get the password for HP Printer?
You can get the password of your HP Printer easily by following the steps that are given below:
- Visit the control panel of your printer
- Now, press the ‘WiFi’ icon
- Head to the ‘Networks’ section
- Now, choose the ‘WLAN’ option
- Here you will find the name of your router, click on it
- Now, select the ‘Show the password’ option
After going through the above steps, you will be able to get the password for your HP Printer.
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WiFi?
HP Printer users who have changed the WiFi network need to connect the printer with it. You can easily connect your new router with the HP Printer by approaching the steps that are given below. Make sure to provide the password details correctly in the required field to complete the process:
- From the control panel of your HP Printer, find and click the ‘WiFi’ icon
- Now, using the UP or down arrow, visit the ‘Network’ section
- Then, get to the ‘WLAN’ option on it
- Now, reach the ‘Connect a network’ option
- Confirm that your WiFi is working and then click on the address of the router
- Now, you need to wait and let your HP Printer establish a connection with the router
In short, HP Printers can be connected with the WiFi network easily by providing the password details of your router in the WLAN section. In case you are also of them whose printer has lost WiFi connection because the router’s password changed the issue. However, you can fix this issue by changing the password of your router. The simple and clear process to change WiFi password on HP Printer is given above on this page. Hopefully, you have learned about the HP Printer password change process with the help of this post.