Whenever there is a connection problem or you are unable to find that whether your Airpods are charging correctly then you need to reset AirPods. Here in this article, you will get the instructions and guidelines to reset your AirPods. It is been a long since Apple came with a device that comes with a built-in switch for power on and to reset, however, still the latest products will need more than a reset. The most genuine and common reason to need a reset be it for Airpods 1, AirPods 2, or any other edition is that you are facing issues in connecting them. On certain occasions, you can also find that the Airpods and the AirPods case are not charging properly. Over time, it can be possible that you are just hitting the wrong spot of the charging capacity in these tiny battery capsules or there can be a problem that can be easily fixed by performing a reset AirPods process.
Point to remember: Before we start the article, it is important to know that Apple’s original Airpods, AirPods 2, and Airpods Pro all have a reset function that returns them to their respective factory settings. This can easily come in handy if you are handling down the wireless earphones to someone else or you are having issues with them.
How to reset AirPods without a phone?
You can easily reset both Airpods 1 and AirPods 2 by following the steps that are elaborated below:
- First of all, you have to ensure that both the Airpods are in the charging case and both the earbuds and the case are charging. You need to look for the small button on the back of the case near the button.
- It flashes with the case of the same color as it pops up on the button.
- You need to open the charging case lid.
- After this, you need to tap and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds.
- The case is internal light between the AirPods that will flash the white and then the amber color and this indicates the process to reset AirPods is completed.
How to reset Airpods Pro?
- You have put your AirPods in the case and now you have to close the lid.
- Just wait for 30 seconds and then open the lid.
- On your iOS device, go to the “Settings” followed by the Bluetooth option and tap on the “I” button that is next to the AirPods.
- Just tap on the “Forget this device” and tap again on the button to confirm.
- Keep the Airpods case lid open and press the button on the back of the case and keep holding for 15 seconds till you see the status light flashing the amber color.
- Now, place the case lid open and place the AirPods close to the device and follow the steps on the screen to reconnect the Airpods.
- And that’s all, make sure the Airpods are reset now and there will no longer automatically recognize any of the devices that are linked with the iCloud account.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is important to understand that reset AirPods is very important when it comes to fixing up the issues in your AirPods. You can fix any generation of the AirPods all you need is the proper set of instructions and guidelines to be followed by the user. We hope that this article has given you enough insights to reset AirPods without interruptions. However, if there are still some queries left to discuss then it is strongly recommended to visit the official website to reset your AirPods.
People also ask
How to connect AirPods to MacBook?
Without removing AirPods from the case, locate the setup button available at the back of the case. Then, press this setup button until you see the status light flashing white. Now, on your MacBook, select the ‘Apple Menu’ followed by ‘System Preferences’. From here, click on the ‘Bluetooth’ option and you will see the list of available Bluetooth devices. From the list, select ‘AirPods’ and you are good to go.
Why is my left AirPod not working?
If you find out that your left AirPod is not then you must check the AirPod meshes and look for any debris. If you can see any debris or dirt on its mesh, then you must clean it gently. In addition to this, you must also do the same with your speakers. If you are still having issues, contact Apple Support.
How to pair AirPods with MacBook?
To pair AirPods with MacBook, you need to open the lid of the AirPods case, but do not take them out. While the AirPods are inside the case, press the setup button at the back until its light starts to flash. Then. Go to Apple’s menu and select ‘System Preferences’. After that, select ‘Bluetooth’ and choose AirPods from the list followed by tapping on the ‘Pair’ option.
Why is my Apple AirPods case not charging when plugged in?
Make sure that the charging cable is firmly plugged into the power source as well as AirPods. In case you are using If you’re using a Qi-compatible charger, you must ensure that the cable is firmly plugged into the charger. Also, you need to check if the other end of the charger is correctly plugged into a power outlet.
How to connect AirPods to windows 10?
If you want to connect your AirPods with Windows 10 PC, then you need to navigate to the “Add a device” section of your Windows device. After that, open the lid of the AirPod case and press the button available at its back. Now, you will see ‘Airpods’ on the ‘Add a device’ section on which you need to click to finally connect it.
What do I do if my AirPods won’t reset?
Make sure that your AirPods are perfectly fitted into the case because if they are loose, then the charging case will not recognize it. You just need to gently push down the Airpods in its case and make sure they are perfectly fitting in it. After that, try to reset your AirPods again and see if it helps.