To imply privacy and restrict access to certain content and pages, iOS users are provided with an option to set an additional passcode on their devices. Using this, they can ensure that no one can make changes to their iTunes or any other settings. This generally helps in case you are worried about handing over your device to your child as he may navigate to certain pages that are not meant for individuals of his age. However, you might forget this it and then you are left with no option but to reset the screen time passcode.
What is the screen time password?
The screen time passcode is a special password on an iOS device that helps the user to restrict unauthorized access to his settings or functions. This passcode is generally of 4-digits and is not the same as your device unlocking password.
Why is my Screen Time passcode not working?
- You might have forgotten the passcode
- You are entering it incorrectly
- Somebody has changed your passcode without your knowledge
- Probably, you have entered the wrong passcode many times
Steps to reset Screen time passcode
If you forgot the screen time passcode On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then you may follow the steps given below to reset it:
(Note: Before you can begin with the procedure, you need to ensure that your iOS device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.)
- On your iOS, go to ‘Settings’.
- Then, click on the ‘Screen Time’ option.
- Select the option that says “Change Screen Time Passcode”.
- Next up, select “Change Screen Time Passcode” once again.
- Click on the ‘Forgot Passcode?’ link.
- Then, you need to enter the registered Apple ID and password.
- Enter the same credentials that you used while setting up the passcode.
- Now, enter the new Screen Time passcode.
- Enter the same passcode once again to confirm.
- Hurrah! You are good to go now.
There are certain tools and utilities that let you recover screen time passcode free. In case the method given above does not work, you may use these tools to reset the screen time passcode.
Frequently asked questions
How do I turn off Apple screen time without a password?
You cannot bypass entering the Apple password in case you wish to turn off the screen time in Apple devices. But, still, there are certain ways to do so. You can download one of the tools or utilities that let you bypass the password easily. However, if you don’t remember the password, you should reset it first, and then disabling the screen time would be easier.
How many failed screen time passcode attempts on iPhone?
In case you have forgotten your screen time passcode and need to enter it to access some of the functions of your iOS device, then you have only 10 attempts at trying your luck. If none of the passcodes work, you will be restricted from any further attempts to enter the incorrect passcode.
How do I turn off parental controls on my iPhone?
One should not turn off parental control features on the iPhone because it helps a user in many ways. But, if you still wish to do it, then follow these steps:
- Tap ‘Settings’ on your iPhone/iPad.
- Select ‘Screen Time’.
- Then, select ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions’.
- Toggle the slider next to it towards the ‘Off’ position.
Can’t restore iPhone because the password is incorrect?
In case you are unable to restore your iPhone because your password is incorrect, in that case, you must reset your password immediately. It is nearly impossible to reset or restore your device without entering the correct device credentials.
How to change Screen Time passcode on child’s phone?
- On an iPhone, tap ‘Settings’ > ‘Screen Time’.
- Click on your child’s name.
- And then, tap ‘Change Screen Time Passcode’.
- Enter the new passcode that you wish to keep.
- If prompted, complete the authentication.