In case you enter a wrong passcode on your iPhone 6 six times continuously, the phone will be locked out. You will see a message pop up on your iPhone 6 that says your iPhone is disabled. Learn how to fix it below. The ways below just allow you to reset your iPhone 6 and remove the password. There isn’t a way to save your data unless you made a backup before. Below are the 4 main ways to reset your iPhone 6 when locked:
What are the 4 ways to reset iPhone 6 when locked?
- You have to reset iPhone 6 permanently when locked
- By now, you are already aware that if you enter a wrong passcode on your iPhone 6 for more than six times in a row then your device will be locked out automatically. You do not want to be stranded in such a frustrating situation. Many fixes reset your iPhone 6 when locked, but using iMyFone LockWiper unlocking software remains the best option. Apart from being the safest, this method keeps your iPhone 6 safe before, during and after the whole reset process.
- LockWiper- An alternative
- Quickly Unlock iPhone Lock Screen: It removes lock screen from iPhone without passcode when it’s locked, disabled or screen-broken. All types of screen lock is supported, like 4/6-digit passcode, Face ID, Touch ID, etc.
- Remove iCloud Lock from iPhone: iPhone is linked to an Apple ID and you don’t have the password? No worries, LockWiper removes Apple ID and iCloud account without password. You can switch to a new iCloud account after removal and enjoy all the features.
- Steps to Reset Locked iPhone 6 with LockWiper
- Step 1: Open iMyFone LockWiper software on your PC and choose the unlock mode. Choose “Unlock Apple ID” when your iPhone 6 is locked to iCloud; or choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” when your iPhone is screen locked. Here we take “Unlock Screen Passcode” for example.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone 6 and click “Next”. Your iPhone will be detected. Click “Download” and LockWiper will download and verify the firmware for your device.
- Step 3: When it’s done, click “Start to Extract” to unzip the downloaded file.
- Step 4: Then, click “Start Unlock”. Enter “000000” into the box and click “Unlock” to get started.
- When it finishes, your iPhone won’t be linked to any password
- Everything will be removed from your device. Factory Reset Locked iPhone 6 with iCloud to Remove Password
If you’ve set up Find My iPhone on your iPhone 6, use this way
- On your other devices (computer or other iDevice), visit icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap All Devices at the top bar.
- Select your locked iPhone 6. And click Erase iPhone.
Then all the data and settings will be deleted from your locked iPhone, including the locked password.
Restore Locked iPhone 6 Using iTunes to Remove Passcode
If you have recently synchronized your iPhone with iTunes, you’ll be able to restore your locked iPhone 6 using iTunes.
- First of all, you connect your iPhone to PC or Mac that you normally synchronize with and open iTunes.
- If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, use another computer that you have previously synchronized with, or use recovery mode.
- iTunes will sync your iPhone 6 and make a backup. If it doesn’t, click on the device tab on iTunes and hit Sync button at the bottom right corner.
- When the process of syncing finished, click Restore iPhone. And on your iPhone 6, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- On iTunes, select the iTunes backup.
Reset iPhone 6 When Locked with Recovery Mode to Remove Password
This way can be used if you haven’t synced your iPhone 6 with iTunes or enabled Find My iPhone.
- First, connect your iPhone 6 to a computer, and open iTunes.
- When your iPhone 6 get connected, FORCE RESTART it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons at the same time, until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Choose Restore when it asks you to Restore or Update. Wait for it to finish and your iPhone 6 will be unlocked.