Apple has occupied the top position in the tech industry since “Steve Jobs” came to power. The company is a dominating force in the tech market even today after his untimely passing. The tech developers of Apple have made it ridiculously simple for end-users to reboot their digital wristwatch and bring its settings back to its normal state. We have dedicated this article to help walk you through the exact process and highlighted any issue you may encounter during the implementation.
Be warned though, going through this mode will lead to the deletion of data stored in the watch’s memory bank. Don’t worry, you’ll be prompted to back up your data manually, or Apple will automatically back up your data before you hit the “reset” button.
Be sure that if you are using Apple Watch 3 or Apple watch 4 with LTE and an attached data plan, resetting the watch will terminate that connection. Therefore, you’ll have to go through your Network Provider to get reconnected.
How to unpair and reset your Apple watch from iPhone?
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone with your name on it and tap it
- A menu will appear with an Orange “I” on left-hand side
- You will see “Unpair Apple Watch” carved in bright red below at the bottom of screen. Tap it
- A warning message displaying on your screen will notify you that the next step will remove all your data.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Passcode to proceed further
- The process is a time-consuming one. Depending on the quantity of data stored in your watch, the process will take at least 10 minutes to unpair it from iPhone
- After the process is complete, all your data will be gone and your iPhone will be disconnected too
- Now, you can setup your watch afresh, or you can sell it or gist it someone without having any worries of data manipulation.
How to delete all the data from your Apple watch manually?
- It’s quite simple, just follow the steps and leave the rest on your iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” option in your Apple watch
- From “Settings”, go to “General” and then, “reset and erase all data”
- Press “Erase” and it will be over before you even know it. It will set your iPhone to its factory mode.
Please Note: it won’t unpair your watch from your Apple account
Get your Apple watch back to its normal state along with backing up your data by following the above steps. Also, if you want to erase all the data manually, that won’t take much longer. In case, you are having trouble while following the steps, you can seek expert guidance from Customer Support for free.