How to reset Windows 10 isn’t a matter of computer science, even an 8th grade student can reset your windows 10 without technical assistance. Windows 10 requires formatting your hard drive, which means you will lose whatever data you have stored in your computer except a fresh factory reset option Windows 10 install.
Why would anybody want a reset option in Windows 10 PC?
Windows 10 is prone to all sorts of problems not because of some outside threat or virus, but due to its own features and tools that might compromise the overall performance of your PC. To put it back in its rightful place, you need a reset button to remove everything and start afresh.
Reset computer is also an excellent choice to remove trash files and junk data from your computer as well as files that might contain viruses and malware.
Besides, a reset window 10 is necessary if you want to transfer the ownership of your PC or selling it to someone else. In that case, you don’t want anyone to look upon your personal images, videos and data as it might be considered a direct breach in your digital privacy. You cannot take the risk of getting your bank details and business documents to be misused by the new owner.
Here are some of the vital reasons to reset your computer
- Remove OEM bloatware
- Remove user bloat
- Provides space for Windows update
- Removes infected and error files, viruses and malware threats.
- Restores the overall performance of your PC
How to factory reset computer?
- take your mouse pointer to the “Main Menu” at the corner of your screen
- Tap on “Settings”
- Select “Update and Security”
- Tap “Recovery”
- Tap “Get Started“ to begin the procedure
- Select either “Keep my files” or “Remove Everything” to wipe out all the data from your PC
- Tap on “Keep your files” to save your data and Click “Next”
- Click “Next” to reassure that you will reinstall the apps after the reset is complete
- Tap the “Reset Button” to confirm that you want to perform a system reset
Please note, if you click “reset”, you won’t be able to revoke the move. In fact, you should consult your friends or any expert before making such a move.