If you are planning to pass on your old Mac device to a friend or family, sell your Mac device or simply looking for a solution to fix your troubling Apple device, then in such cases, users can choose to go for factory reset computer to bring the settings back to its normal state. To reset the MacBook or any other Mac device involves a process that requires you to follow a series of steps.
Fortunately, it is easy to wipe off all the data and content from your Mac device before you sell it or pass it on to others. It is very important for you to know how to reset Mac, as it will help you to safeguard your data that is open to identity theft. Always keep in mind to remove your personal information and sensitive data before resetting your device. However, removing such data alone isn’t enough, you also need to ensure that there is a working version of Mac OS installed for the next person to use it after the wiping process is complete.
Prerequisites to reset Mac computers:
- Ensure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi or an Internet connection as it will help you to download the latest copy of your Mac OS and run it on your device.
- Back up your Mac device before performing the task or generate a copy of your internal hard drive to an external hard drive.
- De-authorize your iTunes sore account as well as the third-party applications, such as Photoshop, etc.
How to reset a Mac computer?
You can reset your MacBook in case you have forgotten the password or you want to save and wipe off all your data. To reset MacBook, follow the instructions given below:
- Press and hold the “Command” and “R” keys to turn on the Mac computer.
- Select the language of your preference and tap “continue”.
- Choose the “Disk Utility” option from the list and tap “continue”.
- From the slide bar choose the startup disk named as “Macintosh HD” and click the “Erase” button.
- From the dropdown menu choose “Mac OS Extended” and click “Erase”.
- Click “Done” and leave the window.
- Choose “Reinstall Mac OS” from the main menu and click “continue”.
- Choose “Continue” option in the next pop-up too.
- Read the software license agreement carefully and click “Agree”.
- After choosing your boot disc, select “Install.”
- Take a break and wait for the installation process to complete.
- On the completion of the installation process, the computer will restart automatically.
You need to play safe if you are planning to sell off your Mac device and secure all your valuable data with a backup. If you still face any difficulty while resetting your Mac, you are free to contact customer service, which is available 24×7. Dial our support number for further assistant.