The Windows 10 update is a non- destructive process as it always recommends creating a backup of your data before you perform the update process. Sometimes it may happen that while performing the steps you perform any misstep that leads to data loss. Thus, you need to update the OS carefully. Although Windows 10 has the feature of auto-updating the OS, users can choose to disable this service, if needed.
However, it is advisable to update Windows 10 timely in order to avoid errors or constant update alerts. To update windows 10 follow the steps given below:
Here you can install the Windows 10 Update with Windows Update
While you will be recommended to wait until you receive a notification automatically representing that the Windows update is ready for your computer, you can perform the upgrade instructions on the screen using Windows Update as soon as it becomes available.
To use Windows Update to perform the installation of version 1809, follow the steps below:
- Click and Open ‘Settings’
- After that click on ‘Update & Security’
- Now, Click on ‘Windows Update’
- Click on the Check for update button
- Click the ‘Restart Now’button after the update has been downloaded on your device
Once you complete the steps, the new feature update will download and install using the same process as collective updates, but this time, it will just take a lot longer to apply. It takes time to wait for some times. Below are the steps on how to update windows 10 with Media Creation Tool:
How to install the Windows 10 update with Media Creation Tool
If you see your device require an update, and you know that the update is compatible with your hardware configuration. You perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 with all the new features and improvements manually using the Media Creation Tool.
When your old tool is updated to upgraded devices to version 1809, you can download and install the update using these steps:
- Click and Open this Microsoft support website in your web browser
- After that click the ‘Download tool now button
- Double-click the ‘exe’file to begin the upgrade process
- Click on the ‘Accept’button to agree to the Microsoft terms
- Select the ‘Upgrade this PC now’option
- Press the ‘Accept’button one more time to agree to the notice and license terms
- Be sure that your personal files and apps option is selected.
- Now press the ‘Install’ button
After completing the above steps, your Media Creation Tool will begin installing the Windows 10 update on your device keeping your settings, apps, and data. If you are having problems in installing the new version of Windows 10, you should use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable media, which you can use to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the new update. Below are the steps on how to update windows 10 with Update Assistant:
How to install the Windows 10 Update with Update Assistant
On the other hand, if your device is fully compatible, but you are still having issues with Windows update or the Media Creation Tool, you can try using the update Assistant tool. To update your system to the latest version of Windows 10 using the Update Assistant, Follow the steps below to update windows 10:
- Open the ‘Microsoft support’ website in your web browser
- Click on the ‘Update now button
- Double-click the ‘Windows10Upgrade’ file to start the tool
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ button
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible with the version, Now click the ‘Next’ button
- Click on the ‘Restart Now’ button
Once you have done with the steps, the Update Assistant tools will download the files to upgrade your devices without affecting your apps, files, or settings on a process that could take up to an hour depending on your hardware configuration and internet connection speed. You will get the result but make sure that you have followed the steps correctly.