How to reset password on windows 7?
if you have forgotten the password of Windows 7, then fear not because if there is a problem, a solution is not far away. In this guide, we will discuss the best available solutions to reset Password Windows 7. Regrettably, aside from the password disk reset, Windows 7 hasn’t provided any other alternatives for Windows 7 Password Reset.
Thankfully, there is a smart solution available to reset Windows 7 Password that’s easy-to-apply for anyone with less technical prowess.
Steps to create reset password disk
- Insert a USB Flash Drive in your PC (or a floppy disk if you’re stuck in the stone age)
- Go to Windows Search box and enter “reset”, then click the tab that says “Create a Password reset disk”
- When the forgotten password wizard pop-up on your screen, press “Next”
- Click on USB Flash Drive inserted in your PC and Press “Next”
- It might take a few minutes for the wizard to complete the rest of the process of creating the reset disk
- Click “Next” and then “Finish”
Using the reset Password disk
To perform windows 7 password reset disk, go through the following steps:
- Slot in the password disk into your PC
- When the Windows 7 greeting screen appears, click on the icon that says “Reset Password”. The option will be displayed just beneath the password box if you fail to login your system conventionally.
- When you click the icon, a password reset wizard will pop-up on your screen. Press “Next”
- Go to the drive labeled with “Password Reset” that is visible on your computer.
- Choose a new password that is easy to recall and select a password hint, then press “next”
- If you succeed in changing the password, a confirmation Wizard pop-up on your screen displaying the text “You’ve successfully reset the password for this user account”
That’s all the efforts you need to make to reset Windows 7 Password of your user account. From now on, you need not to seek outside help or call Customer Support Services to create a password reset disk.
Forgot Password of your Windows 7? Reset it using the USB
If you have forgotten your Windows 7 password reset USB procedure might help you to reset it easily. The USB disk for resetting the Windows 7 password is usually created prior to locking out of your Windows PC. This is done because it needs to save a file that contains the user password and other related information. The steps are given below to instantly reset the forgotten user password on the login screen:
- When you try to login to your windows, you are prompted to enter the login password. Find the option that reads “Reset Password” which is present under the password field.
- Now the Password Reset Wizard will open where you have to click on the “Next” option.
- After this, insert the USB password reset disk.
- Now tap on the inserted password reset disk.
- Here, you can set a new password for your Windows.
- Once, you are done, click on the “Finish” tab to complete the process.
How to reset windows 7 password using command prompt
If you have forgotten your Windows 7 password, then Windows 7 password reset cmd will definitely help you regaining access to your password so that you can login to your Windows again. For this purpose, you need to first login as an administrator and then follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the “start” button and type “cmd” in the search box.
- Now, right-click on the “cmd.exe” and Run as admin.
- When the User Account Control dialog box appears, tap “Yes”. This will initiate the Command prompt to run successfully.
- Now you have to enter the net user command. This will reset the Windows 7 password.
Reset password using windows 7 password reset tool
Since there so many password recovery tools available in the market, it becomes quite difficult to choose which tool you should use to reset Windows 7 password. These tools are commonly known as “password cracker” tools and one among them is Ophcrack v3.6.0 about which we are going to discuss below.
This password cracker is considered to be one of the best Windows password recovery tools. The tool is fast and easy for a user who is going to crack the password for the first time. It is provided with enough knowledge on the basics that are required to crack and then reset the password of your Windows 7. If you have this tool, then you are not required to access the Windows in order to regain access to your password.
To have Ophcrack on your PC, you need to visit the official site and download the free ISO image. Once you download it, you need to burn it to a CD or flash drive and then use it to boot your system. When the program starts, it locates the “Windows user accounts”. After this, it proceeds to recover all the stored passwords automatically. After a few minutes, the tool will recover the 8-character password to your admin account.
The Ophcrack tool can be used for recovering Windows 8, Windows Vista, and Windows XP also.
How to factory reset windows 7 without password?
While restoring Windows 7 to factory settings, you will need to enter the Administrator password which is not the case with Windows 10 or 8 and Windows Vista. In case you have forgotten your Windows 7 password, you can easily get rid of this problem. For this, you are required to create a password reset disk. You can easily do this by making use of another accessible PC. Once you completely wipe out the password of your Windows 7, using easily restore it to factory settings by going through the following procedure:
- Switch on your laptop or PC and once it turns on, you have to press the F8 key again and again until the Advanced Boot Options menu gets visible on the screen.
- Hit on this option and tap on “Repair your Computer” option and then press the “Enter” key. This will make the “System Recovery Options” window appear on your screen.
- In this step, choose the layout of the keyboard and then hit the “Next” option.
- When the next screen appears, you will be prompted provide some information such as username and password. Here, just enter the username but keep the password field empty.
- Now, you will be provided with a list which contains “System Recovery Options”.
- Here, you have to locate the option that reads, “Reset your PC” and click on it.
- After this, go through the on-screen prompts to complete the procedure to reset your Windows 7 to its factory settings.
How to download Windows 7 password reset software for free?
In case you want to know the procedure for Windows 7 administrator password reset software free download, then you must visit the official website of Active Password Changer Professional. The named software is easy to set up and use. The tool is excellent when it comes to resetting the Windows 7 password. To download windows 7 software:
- Tap on your web browser and navigate to the official website of Active Password Changer Professional.
- Click on the “Download” option which is available next to it.
- Once the tool gets downloaded automatically, it burns the bootable disc on its own.
This action will make it easy for you to get started with your Windows 7. If you have this tool on your Windows PC, then you don’t need to worry even if you forget your password. The Active Password Changer Professional encompasses useful offline recovery features and password deleting is instantaneous. And with this, we come to an end of the Windows 7 password recovery options. One of the given methods will definitely work for you in case you forget the password of your Windows 7.